Wed, May 17|
Be A Kid: WildPlay Victoria
Calling all Black, Indigenous and Kids of Colour! Join MAR Kids exploring activities as a group. May is WildPlay Victoria.
Time & Location
May 17, 2023, 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. PDT
Victoria, 1767 Island Hwy #15, Victoria, BC V9B 1J1, Canada
About the Event
Moms Against Racism Presents... Be a Kid!
Each month get together with Black, Indigenous and Kids of Colour to have fun participating in a different activity.
Every child deserves to play freely, to laugh loudly, and to explore the wonders of the world in a joyfully inquisitive way. Every child deserves the opportunity to try something new, to connect with nature, and to do so without the judgmental and scrutinizing gaze of the people around them.
Unfortunately, for Black, Indigenous and Children of Colour, they often don't get these opportunities.
These children often face barriers when it comes to… being a kid. Barriers to participating in activities like finances, travel, time, lack of knowledge, stigma, fear for safety, and even just feeling like they’re going to stick out or be the only racialized kid there.
This month join us as we explore WildPlay Victoria.
- Thursday, May 18th from 3:30pm to 6:00pm.
- Arrive when you can. The earlier you can arrive, the more times you can go through the course. Kiddos need about an hour to go through once.
- We will have ALL of WildPlay all to ourselves.
- There will be pizza and cupcakes served at 5pm.
- The Kids Course and Classic Course will be available for children and adults.
- Minimum height for the course: 48" or 122 cm
- Kids and adults not participating on the course are still welcome to have food and drink.
- Children 12 years and under - FREE
- Youth 13 years and older - $10
- Adults (18+) - $20
- To help us offer more events throughout the year, we have included the above ticket prices for youth and adults. However, we do not want finances to be a barrier for anyone and have included a pay what you can and a free option as well.
- Event is open to children who identity as BIPOC and their immediate families/caregivers (white family members/caregivers are welcome)
- Open to residents in the Greater Victoria Area / Southern Vancouver Island
- You MUST register all participants. People who have not registered may be refused access to the course.
Thank you to our funder!
We are grateful to the Victoria Foundation for funding our Be A Kid Program through their Victoria Foundation Community Grants Program. This program supports our members and their racialized kids in creating community. This program will help to create opportunities for Black, Indigenous and Children of Colour to connect with each other, in a psychologically and culturally safer environment, while participating in an activity they may otherwise not.